The ATO has introduced the Business Portal to allow small business owners to manage their tax affairs online at their convenience.
Connect your ABN to your myGov account or a compatible AUSkey so you can access the business portal. The portal is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The portal can be used for the following services:
- Registering for GST or PAYG withholding
- Lodging, revising or viewing activity statements
- Requesting refunds or transfers between accounts
- Updating your business details
- Tracking the progress of refunds or transfer requests
- Communicating with us through a secure mailbox
Refer to the ATO for direct links that will step you through how to use these services successfully. If you still have trouble with technology it may be worth consulting a registered tax agent to help you fulfil the ATO’s compliance requirements.